I make this for my husband and I and our 3 year old son and we still have leftovers
Tortilla Chicken Casserole
3 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded (I boil it and then shred)
1 tomato chopped (Leza uses Rotel but even the mild one comes out a bit spicy for son you could also use can of diced tomatoes undrained)
1/2 onion (another thing my friend does not use because she does not like onions)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
5 flour tortillas cut up
1 1/2 cups of mixed veggies (my friend uses canned corn or peas)
1/2 cup shredded mexican style blend cheese
1. Sauté onions till almost clear then add your tomatoes.
2. Add shredded chicken
3. Season to taste **
4. add veggies
5. add soups and stir it till everything is well blended.
6. cover and let it all come to a simmer.
7. spray your casserole dish with spam and lay down tortillas
8. add a layer of the chicken mixture then another layer of tortillas
9. continue doing this till you have used up all your mixture.
10. you should end your last layer with the tortillas and then sprinkle the cheese over.
11. put in a 350 oven till cheese is melted and the tortillas get a little crispy
I served it with a side of rice.
** so this is what I added to chicken. If you know me I add this stuff to everything I make. I dont have exact measurements because when I cook I dont measure this stuff but what I used was;
Season all, season salt, oregano, bay leaves, and ground pepper and I sauté the onion and tomato with olive oil
Visit my friends blog Our Love Story for her other variation of this recipe.