Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What am I Reading

My wonderful friend Lisa sent me "Letting go of Anger" By Annie Chapman. Im not even to the half way point yet but I had to share it. This week God has really been tugging at my heart about the kind of wife and mother He wants me to be. On of the first questions in this book and that has been on my mind every day is How do you want people to remember you. I surely do not want people to say that I was to quick to anger, to raise my voice, or that I would always let my tongue have full control. James 3:6 says "And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell." This is my biggest struggle controlling my tongue its what gets me in trouble. This week I have thought about what comes out of my mouth and if it is things that is good or evil. I know I have came a long way with my anger, I believe Mason has a lot to do with that since I want to be a good example to him. Still I know that God has still work to do in my heart and its up to be to me keep my eyes on Him. I also realized that my prayers where directed to other people but I need to look at myself and ask Him to forgive ME and change ME because I am a sinner too! Luke 14:11 says " For everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted." I love how God works, this same verse I heard this sunday at church and its the same verse I read in this book. Hopefully as I continue to read this book I will learn better way to "letting go."
My other struggle is diving into the Bible but a way that I have found it easier is to download the YouVersion Bible app to my phone. The way its set up its very easy to see what have you read and choose a plan that helps you. I have chosen to do a read the bible in a year plan have had to do a couple of "catch me ups" but im not giving up I even got thru building of the tabernacle!

I hope these resources can also be helpful to you just as it has been to me. I will let you know how I am feeling at the end of this book Im excited and looking forward to the changes God has planned in my life!
Post a Comment